Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Scratch: Final Reflection

I began the layout of the game by drawing on the backdrop. I didn't really have an idea in my head of what I wanted it to look like, so it just came out onto the screen. I did want it to be on the easier side because it was just level 1. I had many problems. The first I encountered was changing the backdrops. At first, it wouldn't work, so I changed around the colors a little in the scripts and it ended up working. Also, at first, I didn't know how to have the sprite change direction in accordance to the arrow keys, but I then found the block that directed the sprites to point in a certain direction. Another problem I overcame was one where if the sprite hit the red lines, they would have to go back to the original position, which did not work at first, but once I made two different scripts, it worked. This worked because the lines weren't completely straight, and had different shades of the color red that I needed to take into account. Some problems still have not been resolved. For one, the elephant at the beginning of level 2 does not begin where I wanted it to, and it also doesn't follow the arrow keys as the first level did, and I cannot figure out why. It is immensely difficult to finish that level because of the problems I could not solve. I tested it two ways, one just by clicking on the chunk of script, and the other way was completing the maze myself to see how others would experience it. I'm most proud of level 1 on my game. It works seamlessly. The beetle follows the arrows' directions, and if it hits the boundaries, it is reset to the beginning position. It also changes the backdrop directly as it hits the purple dot. I'm most disappointed with level 1 on my game. Nothing seemed to work on that level. The sprite wouldn't go where I wanted it to, and it rotates strangely. It most certainly does not work as nicely as level 1 did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment